Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-09-2021 08:59 PM
I cannot get to print one thing from my printer. When I turn it on it was printing test page though. Only test page printing when I turn it on (f$%king unwantedly). I have tried uninstalling and downloading the driver/software and even that has become a challenge. For whatever the reason a message pops up and say the the HP driver software cannot be uninstalled. I then proceeded to download a windows uninstaller that would remove programs that give difficulty uninstalling. That seem to uninstall it; however, when I tried reinstalling, it seem to do the works of reinstalling but I could now not find the HP driver/software anywhere in the program list now. All applications that I use to try and print a document, simply would not print. I would get the following messages:- GOOGLE CHROME "The following printer is not available or not installed correctly"
Microsoft Edge ---The same message
FAX and Scan "Your image cannot be printed because this error occurred; internal error"
EVERY APPLICATIO AINT PRINTING. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM PLEASE....ANYONE?
02-15-2021 09:33 AM
I'd be happy to assist you!
Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.
First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Restart your computer.
- Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
- Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
- Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer” – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
- Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
- Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go running window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
- Now restart your computer again.
- Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
- Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
- Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
- Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well
- Windows image acquisition stop and restart the service
Reinstall the drivers from Software and drivers page
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
02-19-2021 09:15 AM
When I'm in the "print server properties" and I try to remove the listed printers; for all the printers, I get the following messages "unable to remove HP DJ 2130 series, x64, Type 3 - User Mode Driver. The specified printer is currently in use". The other message would read " The following packages cannot be deleted:.." The printer is unplugged....how in the world name can it be read as in use? HELP!!!! Arrrggggg!
02-23-2021 03:28 AM
Let's try a power reset on the printer
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
And then try,
Let me know!