Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DESK JET 2135
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot get to print one thing from my printer. When I turn it on it was printing test page though. Only test page printing when I turn it on (f$%king unwantedly). I have tried uninstalling and downloading the driver/software and even that has become a challenge. For whatever the reason a message pops up and say the the HP driver software cannot be uninstalled. I then proceeded to download a windows uninstaller that would remove programs that give difficulty uninstalling. That seem to uninstall it; however, when I tried reinstalling, it seem to do the works of reinstalling but I could now not find the HP driver/software anywhere in the program list now.  All applications that I use to try and print a document, simply would not print. I would get the following messages:-   GOOGLE CHROME "The following printer is not available or not installed correctly"

Microsoft Edge ---The same message

FAX and Scan "Your image cannot be printed because this error occurred;                                                                                                      internal  error"

EVERY APPLICATIO AINT PRINTING. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM PLEASE....ANYONE?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @GEEZMAAN,

I'd be happy to assist you!

Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
    • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
    • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
    • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer” – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device". 
    • Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
    • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
    • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
    • Again, go running window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
    • Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
    • Now restart your computer again.
    • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
    • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
    • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
    • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well
    • Windows image acquisition stop and restart the service 

Reinstall the drivers from Software and drivers page

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

When I'm in the "print server properties" and I try to remove the listed printers; for all the printers, I get the following messages "unable to remove HP DJ 2130 series, x64, Type 3 - User Mode Driver. The specified printer is currently in use". The other message would read " The following packages cannot be deleted:.." The printer is unplugged....how in the world name can it be read as in use? HELP!!!! Arrrggggg!

HP Recommended

Could you close all the applications on your computer and restart it, and then try and delete the printer entries.

Let me know if this helps!

HP Recommended

i closed all application I had running "chrome web browser" "word document" ..etc and restarted, however; I was faced with the same message.

HP Recommended

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

And then try,

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.