Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500 Series
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I just received an email saying

"Your HP ENVY 4502 e-All-in-One Printer is using a firmware version that will soon be obsolete. By updating it for free today, you will ensure that your printer continues operating securely and your HP Instant Ink service continues without disruption. To update the printer using the front panel, make sure the printer is connected to Wi-Fi, then: You must update your firmware by 14 November 2020. If you do not update your firmware by the deadline above, you will lose the ability to print with Instant Ink subscription cartridges, even if they are already in your printer. We apologize that we will have to close your HP Instant Ink account after 14 November 2020 if the firmware is not updated."

I went onto my printer to try and update it, there was no option to do so, I then tried to update my printer via the HP smart app on my Mac, also didn't work. Finally I tried installing the firmware directly from the website, it said it was released in July, and I have updated it since then, but I tried to update it anyway and it still said no update available.

I tried asking the visual chat assistant who directed me to the same "driver install" page no matter how I phrased my question, and when I tried to contact someone via the phone it said I had to pay.

I just want to be able to update my printer and continue using it, it is the HP Envy 4500 series and I have an instant ink plan, I was wondering if anyone else had this email too or if they knew why I cannot update it. I have no idea if I'm using the right firmware version (it's MKM1FN2025AR) until I reach the deadline and it either keeps working or stops

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Amyg8272817439, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the printer has the updates already installed you do not have to worry. The email is only if you don't have the updates installed. It would have been sent to everyone with the HP Envy 4500 Printer.

If you have any concerns with your account or the printer we are always here to help you 🙂

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Glad I'm not the only one.

Same thing. Email received with same info. HP Envy 4500e series printer.

On following the instructions, the message below appears on my printer telling me it IS up-to-date:
'Your printer has the most current updates installed. There are no new updates available at this time.'

I then downloaded the HP Firmware updater to try installing through my computer. The error message reads:
'Cannot update the device. This firmware updater does not contain upgrades for your device.'

The firmware version that is installed is also MKM1FN2025AR. How do we confirm if there is a more recent version??

If my firmware is already up-to-date why did I receive the email asking to update?
If it needs updating, how I can do this given that two different methods have failed!

HP website and chatbot sending me around in circles.
HP Recommended

@Amyg8272817439, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the printer has the updates already installed you do not have to worry. The email is only if you don't have the updates installed. It would have been sent to everyone with the HP Envy 4500 Printer.

If you have any concerns with your account or the printer we are always here to help you 🙂

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.