cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mat19 and any other users having printing problems after updating Windows 10.

I have been trying to troubleshoot and follow all support instruction to no avail. I reinstalled, reset and rebooted my router on top of it and had to delete and reinstalled my printer and followed instructions to install a manufacturer driver and still nothing. I was able to print from my phone and other pc except for my laptop which I do allot of work on. My printer was on, but when I print from my laptop, the printer queue showed an Error and said it was offline. Believe, it took me about four hours to troubleshoot and still nothing worked, until I saw the issue.

My printer was on the right Network but my laptop was on a different or default network from when it was updated to Windows 10. I setup a network so I can connect all my devices to use the same printer. So from the update it reset to a default Network. So my printing problem was solved once I updated the Network Sharing name. I didn't have to buy a new printer after all. I hope this will help some of you.  see steps below

• Go to Control Panel
  • Select Network and Internet
  • Select Network and Sharing Center - you can see the active networks and if its the wrong one you can change it by...
  • Select Change sharing options for different network profiles
  • Go through the Private, Guest or Public and All Networks to make sure the right boxes are turned On for each profile.
  • Save your options at the bottom and I would restart your computer after this and it should solve the printing issues.
  •  

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation