Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 5070
Other

My printer Hp Envy 5070 is not working from my new M1 pro 2021 MacBook running latest Monterey mac os. Its working fine from PC. Is there any update required for Monterey?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@arnabbis4u

Welcome to the  HP support community.

Could you elaborate on the issue for better understanding?

Are you getting error messages?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have a look at this thread. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/Hp-printer-driver-for-Macos-Monterey-12...

HP seem to ignoring the issue! The installer is unable to be used on Mac OS 12.01. There is a fix there, but hopefully something official will come soon.

HP Recommended

I have what sounds like the same issue with an LaserJet Pro M281fdw and a MacBook Pro (2021) with the M1 chip. The printer installs using the Mac System Preferences utility, but then will not consistently print. For example, it will not print a web page, but if I print to PDF it will print that format. Similarly, if I open up an older document with our logo in the header it will not print. But if I delete that graphic, it prints fine.

The issue is that the printer is on a network and I am not always near it when trying to print. Often times i don't know what happened until I go for a walk, which is an unfortunate waste of time.

I tried the terminal code listed on the above link, but that did not help. I called Apple and got an advisor who was most unhelpful (which is very unusual in my experience). That person said the problem was not with the computer, but with the printer. HP won't help unless I want to pay for out of warranty phone support (the printer is 3 years old).

The generic print driver is OK, but is missing important features like envelope printing.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.