Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 5275
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having problem in printing with HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 5275. I am using an HP laptop and I can scan via HP smart but I cannot print anything either via HP smart or any other app. I also can print from my mobile app without any problems. If you need more information please let me know. I have cleared the spool list, reinstalled the drivers and nothing seems to work.

Thank you very much

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @SoSourada

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Do you get any error when you print from your computer?

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your reply!

No I do not get an error message.

I did the reset but it did not work.

I have already installed the HP Doctor and it says there is a driver conflict. What can I do to fix this?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello again!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers through the HP doctor (to make sure I have the correct version) and now the print and scan doctor cannot find a problem, but I still cannot print the test page. The printer makes a noise (like it is starting to print) but it does not.

That was the initial problem I had and by trying to fix this I got the driver conflict.

What should I do next?

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

@SoSourada, thank you for the response.

As you are able to scan from this PC, it means the connectivity is fine. Let us try these steps:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing in color.

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning and thank you for your reply.

I have tried both solutions and none of them worked.

Is there anything else I could try?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@SoSourada

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.