cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Cindahart2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Printer will not stay on

HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Jet Pro M261fdw

I have a HP Color Laser Jet Pro M261fdw.  After starting an update the printer refuses to stay on.  It cycles thru; turns on,  initializes, goes to main screen,  then error code,  79 driver error or service error occurs,  turning off printer.  It then starts through the cycle again and again until I power it down.   Had Geek Squad out today, they said it isn’t a driver but something internal and they couldn't fix it.  I checked my warranty and it expired in May 2020.  So besides buying a new one, which I do not want to do, it's only a year old, any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
JohnK_TTP
Level 3
28 27 4 6
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THIS BELOW APPEARS TO BE THE CORRECT SOLUTION (worked on the M281)

Below are the steps that you need to follow in the order as mentioned ...

Disconnect the printer from the NETWORK
If on wired network : Unplug the Ethernet cable from back of the printer.
If on wireless network : Power of the Wireless router. Turn off the printer.

Wait for 30 seconds. Turn on the printer.

If the printer is in READY state, on the printer front panel, go to Setup -> Network Setup -> Network Services -> IPv6 -> Off. Turn off the printer. Wait for 30 seconds and then turn on.

Try printing , it should work.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation