Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart D110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Photosmart D110 all in one printer, which my mother in law has had for 11 years  is now not working. It was not used for at least 2 years and I am trying to resurrect it.  It is showing me the Load Paper Demo, even though it has paper in it, and when I got to the screen asking for alignment, I pressed OK. Afterwards it goes to the Now printing alignment page... screen and hasn't moved from it since. I let this go for an hour, then I turned off the printer, let it sit for 2 minutes, then plugged it back in, directly into a wall outlet. Turned it back on, and went back to that page. Then I tried taking out the ink cartridges, turning it off, putting each back in one at a time, turning it back on, and nothing, it keeps saying that it is printing the alignment page, but it is not doing so. Is there a way to bypass this step somehow as I can't even get to the home screen.  I know the printer works as I was able to print a page wirelessly, just can't make copies since I can't get to the home screen.  All of the cartridges are good as I  went out and bought all new ink cartridges for it, in case that was the problem. Please let me know...thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BigOES

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try to reset the Printer here:

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.

Also, try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I was out of town and just getting back to this issue.  This did not help.  Is there any way to reset the printer........without having access to the printer menu?  Just to restate the issue here is what the menu says upon turning on:

- Scanner Failure.........Unable to copy or scan          Hit OK

- Load paper.......Press show demo to play the animation. Press OK to continue

- Alignment Recommended....The following procedure is highly recommended to calibrate the cartridges for best print quality........Press OK to continue

- Now printing alignment page.........This is where it stay for hours

Please note that if I send a document to the printer from my phone to print that it does print.  I just can't get it to free up to make copies or scan.  If you have any additional suggestions that would be great.......Thank you

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.