Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
iPhone / iPad / Mac
iOS

Color Laserjet Pro MPF M281fdw prints many documents successfully except when certain images cause it to fail with an 1 page error.   This occurs only on certain documents sent from iOS or Mac via AirPrint, including emails that contain certain images. Examples include printing email confirmations from airlines, turbo tax return copies (stops half way when an image is included), and PDF documents with images.  It seems like a software or driver error.  I have already reset the driver and made sure the latest driver is installed (20200612). 

The error page that's printed is as below:

POSTSCRIPT Warning

Subsystem: PARSER

Warning: InternalError 00

File Name: PDFSender_Interp.c

Line Number: 1789

Error Information:  Reported by PDL, undefinedfilename

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@tak203

Welcome to the HP support community.

What kind of images or documents are you trying to print?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Any file that has a certain PDF will not print and result in this error.   I would say 1/3 of PDFs will not print.   The file that includes the PDF image can be an email, word file, or of course the pdf file sent to the printer directly.  It does not matter if the file is sent from Mac or from iPhone/IPad via Airprint.   If you can email me at tak203@**bleep**, I can send you a sample file that will not print.   Really appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

Certain type of PDFs, whether in email, word file or on it's own from Mac or iPhone/iPad over AirPrint.  For example, I just took a screenshot using my Mac (Big Sur 11.6), exported it as pdf on desktop, selected to print, and it will result in the error page printed. @Sandytechy20

HP Recommended

@tak203

Try updating Adobe Reader

Refer to this document to know how.

Alternatively, try printing the PDF file as an image. Click here to know how.

If the issue persists, reinstall the app.

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this happens when printing from iPhone, iPad, and Mac where Adobe is not even installed.  Creating a picture is the only workaround, but it's not practical when we have multiple pages, as it requires multiple jpeg files to be created just to print.  It happens from common software like TurboTax, where on certain pages where there is a pdf image included in the PDF, it will stop printing and ends with this 1789 error page being printed.  Is there any way to revert back to the original firmware as this did not happen when I first bought the printer?  It's hard now to pin point which firmware update this started happening but that's all I can think of.   Thank you for any additional advice you may have.

HP Recommended

@tak203

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Keep me posted.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.