Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 402 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I have a challenge with the use of an HP LaserJet 402 and an HP LaserJet 404 printer.  We have a third party application that has been setup to work with printers to print out receipts on an A5 sized paper. We currently have this working with some "old" printer models (HP Laserjet 2015, HP LaserJet 2055 and HP LaserJet Pro 400.  However, when we have this third party setup to work with the HP 402 and 404 Printers (which I will call the "modern" printers) the print out comes out at the top left corner of the page. 

We want to replace the older versions with the modern ones and this is becoming a challenge.

The normal print out from any application works fine, that is, printing from Word, Excel prints out just fine. However, when we try to print from the third party application, it appears on the top left corner, whether it is A4 or A5. 

i. What can be done to fix this?

ii. Is there anything that is making it work on the older versions and not the newer versions? (Is there something in the registry that can be done to make it work?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated....   🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Use the driver for M401 to print on M402/M404 to see how will they work.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

As in, to install using the setup of the M401 for the 402 and 404???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.