Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5030
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer has a problem with printing from a chrome window. When i have something like a page or file that i want to print out of chrome, the print window says that he cannot print, that there is an error, that the printer cannot be found.... But when i download the file and i try to print from 'mac view window'  ( i don't know how to cal it in English but it is the viewer from mac itself) i can print perfectly over WIFI. 

So the problem must be the connection between chrome and the printer, not the WIFI, not MAC itself... because it works when i download first and print out from a mac window (viewer)...

Can somebody help me with this problem?

Thx and kind regards

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@sven5, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Going through your post I see that you are unable to print from Chrome browser, let us try to isolate and resolve the issue-

Are you able to print from other browsers like Safari and Firefox?

Are you able to print from other apps on the computer and make photocopies on the printer?

If yes, follow the steps below-

Check if you're selecting the right printer before you send the print job to the printer.

Ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

If you still have issues, try removing the Google Chrome browser and reinstalling it. Here is how you do it-

• Open the Finder, and click on Applications in the sidebar.
  • Scroll through to locate Chrome in the folder, and then drag its icon to the Trash in the dock. Alternatively, you can right-click on the app and click Move to Trash.
  • Right-click the Trash icon and choose Empty Trash to perform the uninstall.

Now, install the Chrome Browser back and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thx for your answer. i'm going tru the checklist with you...

- yes i can print from Firefox 

- yes i can make photocopies on the printer

- yes, when chrome open up the print window i can see that my printer is selected

- he is also registered as my cloudprinter

The firmware on my printer and mac are/where up to date

i tried to remove and instal chrome again twice, one time using your methode as discribed in the answer and one time with the TrashMe app, this one removes also al the maps that are related to the app (Chrome in this case)

i even restarted my mac every time... 

The problem is still the same 🥵🤪😏

But when i reïnstall chrome and start it up, i'm automaticly logged in again and i get my settings back instantly (background, tabs, coulours etc...) maybe it is a problem in my settings?

Also (another mather, but maybe the same origin problem) when i need a pasword from chrome, i need to click on the eye... my mac ask a pasword true a pop up window. In the past i just give my mac pasword and the pasword was visible. Now i get the couloured ball and after a minute ore so it gets back to the state where it is not visible... if i try this on my android phone with Chrome, there is no problem at all, and i get the pasword instantly....

So i think bth things (printer and pasword) are a communication problem between mac and chrome....

Is this something that you can fix???

i truely hope so because i can't find any professional help from mac ore chrome... 

if you can't help me, do you know the professional help site's from mac and chrome?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@sven5

Thanks for replying!

First, try disabling any extension installed, and if you still have issues reset chrome.  Refer to the document https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en for help.

If you still have issues you may want to contact Google Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried to disable extensions. No help... but i didn't restarted Chrome.

After that i did the chrome reset and i could print again! halleluja!

But when i start to enable the extensions again (one by one and then see if i could print)  i started with  the Avast Online Security

20.1.480 (Avast Browser Security and Web Reputation Plugin.) and after that i had the same printing problem. Even after i disabled this again en started chrome up again, the problem remains... Weird.

Do you know how to bypas or patch the problem?

Thx
HP Recommended

@sven5

You may want to contact google for help. This is something that they can help with.

Thanks for understanding!

Keep me posted. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.