Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hello!

I'm unable to access the EWS for my printer. I've only ever accessed it once before, and remember it being a nightmare, but can't remember how I managed to finally get around the problem last time. I've changed my email password, which means that I need to update the EWS in order to continue using 'Scan to email'. My email provider won't let me use a previous password used so recently, so I can't just swap that back either. 

The printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network. Have also tried every wired combination I can imagine! 

When entering the printer's IP into a brower (have tired Safari, Firefox and Chrome), it thinks for a while and then just diplays this: 'Network connection error. Check network and try again.' I've tried disabling proxies on the wireless connection, but this doesn't resolve it. Have also tried swithing between http and https - this doesn't seem to help either. 

Any ideas?! I have a vague memory of needing to do something with DNS last time, but I'm not sure that memory is reliable!

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

We'll like to suggest that you do a semi-full reset for your printer and then connect again.

Have send you a private message, look for te envelope icon at the top right hand corner of the HP Forum page.

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

We'll like to suggest that you do a semi-full reset for your printer and then connect again.

Have send you a private message, look for te envelope icon at the top right hand corner of the HP Forum page.

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.