Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The simple and down & dirty way to get the original Solution Center to work ONLY if you DID NOT uninstall Flash player. Ready for this one.... It's just this simple:  SET THE DATE on your computer to a date BEFORE 1/12/21, and everything works perfectly. As soon as Solution Center loads you can set your date back to the correct date. Leave Time/Date settings open during the load of Solution Center. Others have already proved this works in Win10 in another thread here. It works FLAWLESSLY in WIN7ULT for me. Of course, the DATE of your scanned file will be that date you just set, so set it back right away. Also, disable any automatic clock-setting software like Dimension4 etc., during this load of Solution Center. You need not change the time, as FLASH only scans the DATE and dies after the date 1/12/21, so we can "get over" on that date now. At least until someone comes up with a hack for Flash's date search. Suggestion to HP, please make a patch such that Solution Center can't "see" the date upon loading, it might mask flash from seeing it too.

Hope this saves some headaches ..   F'Now.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

NYgnat - amazing workaround - tested and works great - thank you !!
This is definitely not the long term fix, but at least allows me to get my scanning done until HP figures out a new HP Solution Center that doesn't use Adobe Flash Player.

HP Recommended

P.S, Scan Extended really doesn't like WIN7, so the date workaround is the better "fix" all-around for now. Remember that contraction: F'Now. As long as your date is before 1/12/21, Solution Center will load. Just to reiterate, make sure your date is current before you SAVE any scans, as System Date/Time will be put on that saved file.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I have only canceled "Flash player" and downloaded "HP scan and capture" and now I can scan again.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I have only canceled "Flash player" and downloaded "HP scan and capture" and now I can scan again.

I found "HP scan and capture" in "Microsoft Store"

HP Recommended

THANK YOU!! AMAZING simple fix! Now why couldn't HP come up with a simple fix???

HP Recommended

thanks a lot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.