Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Also having the same issue with an HP OfficeJet Pro 9018, had to reset to factory settings last night - now everything is connected again (via ethernet), and things look good from the embedded web server, yet Web Services still shows HP Instant Ink - Disabled.  And I therefore cannot print to the printer.

HP Instant Ink site shows:

HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 All‑in‑One Printer

and has all of my details and account info. correct.  But the upper right corner of that Status screen states:

Cannot connect to printer now.
Try again later.

Synced Dec 5, 2020 1:22 PM

As stated above, I can connect to the printer via IP address of embedded web server.  I have removed Web Services, restarted the printer (a number of times now) and re-enabled Web Services.  Instant Ink remains disabled and still no ability to print.  Very frustrating to be locked out of my own printer with the Instant Ink program, because I had to reset the printer when it stopped working.

Web Services page details:

Web Services Status - Enabled
Internet connection - Connected
Printer connection to HP - Connected

HP ePrint -On
Print Apps -On
HP Instant Ink -Disabled

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved - I had a chat session with HP Support and they walked me through fixing this annoying problem.

You have to go to your HP Instant Ink page (http://instantink.hpconnected.com) -> My Account icon on left side -> Account Settings -> Cancel My HP Instant Ink Subscription (yes, it sounds daunting, but just go through it all the way - it won't cancel your account, and you'll re-enable it right away) -> Use "Other" as the reason for cancelling -> "Continue" past the ink offers (again, this won't cancel your account) -> check all three boxes for 1) HP Instant Ink cartridges will no longer work after my final billing cycle - 2) Once my billing cycle ends, I will receive one final bill... - 3) I will lose rollover pages -> Cancel Enrollment (yes, go all the way through).  Back on your main account page now, on the right under "My Account" - click on "Keep Enrollment" (the same option you kept seeing when you were trying to cancel).  

You will notice now that your Status... Synced date and time for the printer are current.

And, you can now print again (you will have to first acknowledge a message on the printer screen about "A message from HP Instant Ink..." but then you'll be able to print).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Solved - I had a chat session with HP Support and they walked me through fixing this annoying problem.

You have to go to your HP Instant Ink page (http://instantink.hpconnected.com) -> My Account icon on left side -> Account Settings -> Cancel My HP Instant Ink Subscription (yes, it sounds daunting, but just go through it all the way - it won't cancel your account, and you'll re-enable it right away) -> Use "Other" as the reason for cancelling -> "Continue" past the ink offers (again, this won't cancel your account) -> check all three boxes for 1) HP Instant Ink cartridges will no longer work after my final billing cycle - 2) Once my billing cycle ends, I will receive one final bill... - 3) I will lose rollover pages -> Cancel Enrollment (yes, go all the way through).  Back on your main account page now, on the right under "My Account" - click on "Keep Enrollment" (the same option you kept seeing when you were trying to cancel).  

You will notice now that your Status... Synced date and time for the printer are current.

And, you can now print again (you will have to first acknowledge a message on the printer screen about "A message from HP Instant Ink..." but then you'll be able to print).

HP Recommended

After many hours of troubleshooting, this solution fixed the issue with my instant ink subscription.

HP, very smart trick of solving an issue right after your customer cancels the subscription. I am really impressed!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.