Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

An update was released today to fix the HP printer issues!!

• I had uninstalled my printer in System Preferences and deleted the HP printers folder in the MacHD > Library > Printers directory.
  • I installed the update (which seemed to freeze at 4 sec remaining), and restarted the computer.
  • After the restart, I reinstalled the printer using the System Preferences > Printers & Scanners application.
  • The printer re-installed without an issue and re-connected to my wireless printer without having to reconfigure the settings!! 🤗 [HP OfficeJet 6500 E709n].

But when I tried to open the scanner utility (the primary use of the OfficeJet), another malware warning popped up: “HPScanner.app” will damage your computer.

Seriously?! Now what?!

Current system: macOS Catalina ver: 10.15.7 (19H2)

** BTW: The HP Easy Start did not work for me while I tried yesterday. The HP_Easy_Admin.app froze during each attempt.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  Installed the software from the HP.com website and all was good with printer.  It gave me a successful download test page, but no so good with scanner.  Would not give a successful test page.   Printer works, but scanner does not.  I have deleted the software in finders and reinstalled it again.   Same problem.   I tried to contact HP live tech and high volume of calls and put on hold for 3 hours.   Wow!  Until I started reading in community section, did not know how huge this issue is.   A virtual HP tech told me I needed to set up a printer repair.   I don't think so.   HP has created this problem for Mac Users.  I have macOS Catalina 10.15.7.   What next.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.