cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
jefl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 48
Flag Post

Solved!

Resetting printer admin password

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I changed my printer admin password but did not record it correctly or changed the username and forgot that. Now, in my HP Smart app, I have many options locked because I am required to login. How can I reset the printer so it does not require a password?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,434 1,721
Message 2 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jefl

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,434 1,721
Message 2 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jefl

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

rbeldin_home
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi...

I have an officejet 6968 and I don't recall the admin password. I've reset the wireless network connection as some suggested, but that doesn't change the ability to login to the printer admin page.    Is there a way to do this without completely setting the printer back to factory defaults? 

Thanks, 

Rick 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
NetcastAdminIT4
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Can you please send me the instructions. I have a PageWide Color MFP 586.

0 Kudos
rbeldin_home
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Asmita... 

I checked my profile and I have nothing there.   Could you resend? 

Thanks, 

Rick 

0 Kudos
DreNL
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Having a cm4540f mfp

prod.nr CC420A  [Personal Information Removed]

was long time out of use, but bought some spareparts. Now want to re-install. but I am confronted with user name / and or password. I realy do not know them.

know the service setting 11454010 

but need also user setting and 

administrator setting

0 Kudos
Newsnews
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Embedded Web Server default admin password - HP Officejet Pro X576dw

Have same issue,

@

Thank

0 Kudos
Sofieschoice
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please send me the steps on how to reset the admin login for being able to update functionality. I have an Envy Photo 7134

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Chantal123
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Our office has a LaserJet flow MFP M630, we cannot remember the password for the life of us. Any help is appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Newsnews
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 48
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please help. I am without a printer for few weeks because the inability to reset printer to brand new default status.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation