cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen is stuck on "Verifying..."

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my HP OfficeJet 5255 printer. Everytime I plug the printer in either directly from wall outlet or not, it shows "VERIFYING". It's stuck on "verifying" and I even left it overnight. Also, I tried touching the "X" on the screen and it just restarts the printer and still shows "verifying". I tried everything like uninstalling HP smart, or even unplugging the printer and holding the power button for 15 second. PLEASE HELP!

Thank you in advance! 

Best,

Vincent 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,836 15,831 1,071 1,254
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CentArc, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Leave the printer unplugged for a couple of hours and then plug it in.

If the issue persists, unplug the power cable, press and hold the power button down for 10 seconds and release it

Try to power on the printer.

If the printer is still stuck on the initialization screen, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation