Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2721

The instructions that came with the printer are completely useless. 

1. I'm struggling to install the ink cartridges, I'm definitely looking in the right place but I can't see how they're supposed to fit in. 

2. How do I connect to wifi network and do I need to be in the same room as the modem

3. The app is failing to recognise the printer, I'm hoping that this is just because the printer's not connected to a network yet

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGI-1LP8Q7s 

If the wireless signal strength is strong the printer doesn't have to be in the same room with the printer and you need to connect your printer to wi-fi prior to the app will recognise it.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks. I've sorted the ink cartidges out now. But I'm still completely clueless as to how to connect to Wifi, or even how to know when I'm connected, and the Youtube video doesn't really help me on this.

HP Recommended

This thread can be closed now as I've achieved the basic goal of connecting the device to my phone. Honestly, this has taken me hours, it would have been infintely easier if there were any detailed written instructions in existence. Still got various problems that I'm wrestling with.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.