cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Docfxit
Level 2
26 20 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Software won't install in Windows 10

HP Recommended
Officejet 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to install the Full featured HP Officejet 8620 Windows 10 64bit software that I just downloaded.

The printer is connected via Ethernet at a static IP address.

When I run the HP software installer it does find the printer at the correct IP address.  When I select the printer it found and select next it says it can't find the printer.

I have the firewall turned off.  I have my Antivirus Bitdefender turned off.

I can ping the printer IP address.

This computer is a dual boot with Windows 7.  Windows 7 has the HP software installed and it's been running fine for years.

I have tried to uninstall the HP software but there is nothing in Programs and Features with the HP 8620.

I have cleaned out all temp files before trying to install the HP software.

What can I do to get the HP software installed?

3 REPLIES 3
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,222 30,936 5,331 12,417
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try uninstalling the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Basic Device Software using the Microsoft Uninstall Troubleshooter below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-r...

Note: the installation may take a bit linger using the utility, allow it some time, it may take 10-20 minutes.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Docfxit
Author
Level 2
26 20 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ran the MS uninstaller.  I also removed a bunch of folders and a bunch of registry entries.  I can't figure out why it won't connect.

0 Kudos
Docfxit
Author
Level 2
26 20 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been trying to get this software to install for months.  What is the solution to getting thi Officejet Pro 8620 installed in Windows 10?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation