Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Windows 10 and Solution Center problem.  Yup, just tried mine and a no-go, just an error sound.   I solved this within 1 mionute.   Found the program, right clicked and went into compatability mode and let window 10 find a solution.  It did, and using windows 7 to run the solution center.  Runs just as it did before.     Aint so bad (said Rocky).    

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check later. Since Sunday 1/3 I've been uninstalling the suspect patch and all is well for a while, then Microsoft re downloads the same patch and it gets reinstalled at the next reboot!!

Thanks to all, patches were installed and problem resolved.

HP Recommended
However, I am using a deskjet 4 in 1 and was able to do what I need through the printer itself as well.
HP Recommended

Microsoft should hold back this file in Windows Update till Adobe has fixed this problem. This is for the safety of PC Users.

HP Recommended

Harker, tried your solution.   It works!   And did not uninstall the patch or program.  Good stuff!

HP Recommended

Forest / trees syndrome sometimes.     Glad to be of help!

HP Recommended

Note to Cluelessray:  As I still haven't been able to re-download HP Solution Center I have started using HP Scan and Capture, which produces PDF files but it doesn't do everything that I need.  I have found that I can open the PDF files in MS Word and do what I want; maybe this will work for you, too.

HP Recommended

1) In Search type Hide or Unhide Updates.

2) Click on hide or unhide updates in windows 10. Click on Hide Windows Update or Drivers Updates - Windows.  

3) Click on Download this troubleshooter. download wushowhide.diagcab.

4) Click Next.

5) Click hide updates

6) Tick the files you do not want to update.

Proceed from there and the job is done

HP Recommended

As of a couple of hours ago, I cannot open my HP Solution to Scan.  What can be wrong.  The printer is working otherwise.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.  If you are on Win 10, we suspect that your issue may be related to a Win 10 update.

You can find the solution here :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-Solution-Center-Fails-to-launch-cannot-open-SOLUTION...

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.