Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9015 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I add printer, I get the message: Driver is not available

Clean install Windows 10.. quality of HP dropped a lot in the recent years..

hp.png

(even the picture upload function does not work properly in this community...)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Having the exact same issue. I had this problem a couple months ago and I uninstalled the printer, checked for Windows updates and it started working again. However this time it just wont' do anything. 

I've tried troubleshooting (but can't cos printer isn't detected!), uninstalling like 20 times, running updates, searching online for up to date drivers, using HP Smart to look for drivers. HP Smart says that my printer is running fine but then my PC just keeps saying "Driver unavailable". 

I need it for work and I'm losing my mind trying to get it to work xD 

HP Recommended

My friend has just sent me the below link:

https://www.itexperience.net/fix-0x8007007e-your-printer-has-experienced-an-unexpected-configuration...

Method one fixed the issue for me! After I had completed method 1 I removed printer and restarted my computer, and then it worked. Apparently an update came out at some point that meant that the printer was looking for drivers in the wrong place and this fixes it. Ignore what it says about Edge etc as I never use Edge - I use Chrome and never print from PDF. I was desperate so tried it despite none that stuff applying to me and yeah. It's working again now after a week of stress xD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.