Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer used to work, but ever since my OS updated, I havent been able to connect.

I have uninstalled the drivers and tried to use HP Easy Start, but my computer wont even recognize the printer at all.  I get an error message saying "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer".  

I have used other cables, and I have used different ports.  I have unplugged my printer.  

This printer does work on my PC laptop, but my  main computer is my MacBook pro, and having to email the files to myself to load on my super slow PC laptop to print is not the best use of my time. 

Can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tdotjay

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print after updating your Mac OS to version 11.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Go to https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip and then click Download.
  2. After the software downloads, open HP Easy Start.
  3. Click File, and then select Uninstall HP Software... from the menu.
    Figure : Select Uninstall HP Software.
  4. Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue.
  5. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password.
  6. HP Uninstaller removes all HP printer software previously installed.
  7. If you are reinstalling the HP printer software, click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to install the printer with HP EasyStart.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

MY OS is actually Big Sur, but there was no option for Big Sur on this form yet.

HP Recommended

@tdotjay

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print after updating your Mac OS to version 11.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Go to https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip and then click Download.
  2. After the software downloads, open HP Easy Start.
  3. Click File, and then select Uninstall HP Software... from the menu.
    Figure : Select Uninstall HP Software.
  4. Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue.
  5. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password.
  6. HP Uninstaller removes all HP printer software previously installed.
  7. If you are reinstalling the HP printer software, click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to install the printer with HP EasyStart.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for responding, @The_Fossette !

So this is what happened.

1. I went to that link and downloaded it again.

2. After it downloaded, i opened it.

I clicked "I have read and agree to the etc" and pressed continue.

I was sent to Prepare printer for setup page and there was not option for me to click file anywhere to uninstall HP software.

So I plugged in my printer and hit continue.

I got sent to Connect and it listed my printer that was connected.  And then it asked me to install Essential Software and HP Easy Scan.

I successfully downloaded the files and was sent to Status and Alerts.  I hit continue.

I was sent to Add and Verify your Device and then Test Page.  The Test Page printed.  I tested Scanner, the scanner worked! 

Then i was sent to page Continue Online, which i did. 

Everything seemed to work. Thanks for your help! 

Even though I didnt follow the uninstall directions, your beginning helped for sure.  I think I uninstalled everything a previous day, and just left it after I got frustrated with this whole issue.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I did the exact same thing on my wifes MAC as well, it it worked.

Still not step to uninstall anything, and no where to click "file" but that link definitely helped.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@tdotjay

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, so this fix only worked briefly.  I am not experiencing the same problem again where the printer is not being recognized by my mac book pro.  Im getting the message The disk you attached was not readable by this computer.  I redid the steps which you instructed me to do, and that worked for one day, and now im back again.  Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.