cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Jonesa7
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Unable to add printer to devices and printers on computer.

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Purchased this laser jet from someone on a trial basis. I cannot connect the printer to my computer for some reason. System just says connecting.  

I also currently own an HP OfficeJet Pro 9018( Covered under warrenty), I'm pretty sure you can have more than one printer. Just thought I'd make mention. 

2 REPLIES 2
Andr-1611
Level 15
Level 15
708 702 68 355
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Jonesa7,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Is a USB connection being used?
Has this software package "HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225-M226 Printer Full Software and Drivers" been installed, File name: HP_LJ_Pro_MFP_M225-M226_Full_Solution_16079.exe (173.7 MB)?

Regards
Andreas

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.
Requests via Private Messages (PM) cannot be answered.
0 Kudos
Jonesa7
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you that was the issue and solved the problem. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation