Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2700 All in one printer

I bought printer from my friend not able to setup the same for HP instant ink services.

There are 2 issues I 'm facing

1. Webservices no working and I m not able to access it as it is asking for admin password I don't know

2. Also it it is not printing the code when I press Cancel and Information buttons

MVS001_0-1624808964351.png

Regards

MVS

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @MVS001,

Did the previous owner used HP Instant Ink or any other cloud service? please ask the original owner to check if the printer may still linked to his account (either on hpsmart.com or HP Instant Ink, so it will need to be removed there first, only then it can be added to another account.

For the Admin Password, have you tried using the PIN Code listed on the label within the cartridge access door on the printer?

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Deskjet-2700-4100-Deskjet-Envy-6000-6400-pr...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi @Shlomil,

Thanks for your reply.

I will check with my friend and ask him to remove the printer from his HP Smart / Instant ink / his account.

Regarding password - I tried the PIN but it's not working. Pls let me know if there is way to reset.

Thanks & Regards

MVS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.