Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'll let you know.  I still don't have an answer.  I tried resetting the whole computer, as someone suggested, that didn't work either.  Now there are some features that no longer work, and I don't know how to reinstall them.  I just have a perfectly good printer which I can't use, and no one (including HP) seems to be able to tell me why, or how to fix.  I've spent over 6 hours on it, to no avail, and just have no more time.  I'll probably eventually have to buy a new printer, but I can guarantee which brand it won't be.  Unless someone from HP steps up and solves it.  It's obviously a common problem.

HP Recommended

I'm with you about not buying anything else from HP.  The good news is that I won't be buying any more of their wildly expensive print cartridges.

HP Recommended

@PattisPages,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If someone can find the answer to this "HP PHOTOSMART PHOTO WON'T PRINT" it will be a miracle. After 3 remote technician tried to fix this they were unable to do so. 

HP Recommended

I FOUND THE SOLUTION:

In Device Manager, open up Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Find the 8100 Series device 

Click on Update Driver

Browse my computer for driver software

Let me pick from a list

Choose USB Composite Device

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but I can’t tell you if your solution worked as I ended up deciding to get rid of it and took it to an e-recycling event. It was an old printer I was trying to use the ink up on before recycling it, so I just did it early.

HP Recommended

I am the person who originated this thread. I posted a reply to someone the other day and that’s when I realized I had somehow created a second account. Since I can’t delete this post, I’m posting this explanation instead. Anybody should be allowed to delete their post IMO.

HP Recommended

Still cannot print to my HP 8150.  When I click on it in Devices and Printers, it shows the Status as "Driver is unavailable."

HP Recommended

Hold the presses!  I just went through all the steps to delete the drivers, temp files, devices, etc.  Then I performed your steps, and it worked!!  Unbelievable, after 7 months!  Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.