Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thank you for alerting to the problem and the Apple fix. Installed the Apple update today and tested the scanning ability. Works perfectly! Thank you

HP Recommended

Updating to macOS 10.15.3 has resolved my issue. I'm using an OfficeJet 4655. 

Many thanks to all who brought this issue to light and contributed to its resolution..

HP Recommended

Sorry but that is not my experience at all.  HP Scan still hangs and does not scan. Unloaded the HPscan and reloaded and still no scan possible. Clearly not a very good fix by Apple or HP or whoever

HP Recommended

Hi IronBadger,

Thanks for the information.  The update appears to have resolved the problems I was having with the App.

I'm using an HP Color LaserJet Pro M479

Keep up the good work!

HP Recommended

Just updated to MacOS 10.15..3 and HP Easy Scan App seems to be working fine.  

HP OfficeJet Pro 6968.

Nice to have it back.

TWEB3161

HP Recommended

Problem Solved  HP Officejet Pro 6960

HP Recommended

Accomplished macOS 10.15.3 update and re-installed HP Easy Scan. HP OfficeJet 8600 Plus still inop. Repeated this operation 3 times. Not impressed with HP.

Roger

HP Recommended

For the OfficeJet Pro 8600 to scan you will need the full software package installed.  Not just HP Easy Scan. Older devices need the HP Scanner driver that is not included in the HP Easy Scan download.  There are technical reasons for this around SW distribution.  The HP Scanner driver is only available through the full software install for the product.

In the case of the OfficeJet Pro 8600 specifically, it seems as though HP Easy Start is not offering the full driver install (HP Essentials Package)

I do not like to put direct downloads to software on the forum.  But as there seems to quite a few 8600 (not 8610, 8620, 8630, etc) users I am going to put a link here temporarily.  I have requested this be fixed ASAP. (Update: Just learned that the OfficeJet Pro 8600 is not officially supported in Catalina.  So, while this install seems to be working fine.  You will be using it at your own risk.)

Please try installing this essentials package and see if it resolves your issue.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

IronBadger, thank you for assisting me in resolving the problems I experienced with the macOS Catalina issue vis-a-vis HP Easy Scan. I truly am appreciative.

I am perplexed, though, as to the general state of confusion that surrounded this issue from the start.

You were very kind to help. Thank you, again...

Roger

HP Recommended

Any news on this topic

My Color Laser Jet Pro Mfp M377dw

only still works sometimes with Easy scan?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.