Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Nalasmum

That sound like a good idea since the User Account seems to be corrupted.

Create the New User Account and perform all the task like uninstalling reinstalling from the New User Account

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

Well that's almost another four hours of my life I won't get back! I deleted the previous new user account and created another one. I then went back to the very beginning of this post and followed all the instructions from the three of you. I am no further forward. I download the full feature software yet only the basic software installs. I can print and scan from my computer, just as I could before. I just can't scan from my printer to my computer, so will just have to accept that HP's Full Feature Software for this printer for Windows 10 is flawed and will not work on my PC :'(.

HP Recommended

@Nalasmum

I'm glad that you can print from your computer.

As an alternate way to scan 

Use the HP Smart App

The HP Smart app includes tools to print, scan, check ink levels, and set up your printer on a wireless network.

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142 to download and install the HP Smart App

Keep me posted, Hope this helps you out!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@Raj1788

I have always been able to print and scan FROM my computer. I already used the method in your post for scanning and said so in several of my previous posts. I USED to be able to scan FROM the printer TO the PC and then one day it wouldn't let me. That's the function I've been trying get back, but nothing that you and your colleagues have told me to do works! 

HP Recommended

@Nalasmum

I have sent you a private message, for the further course of action that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.