Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

By the way, works perfectly with Mac OS.  With USB connection.

How can Windows 10 possibly say there is no software available??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TRooney95648

According to the printer specifications, this model printer does not support dual-band wireless connectivity. It is as per the design.

Did you try the steps mentioned in my post to resolve the printing issue?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@TRooney95648, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I see that you are not able to print from your Win PC.

Use the HP Smart app to print. You can download it from the Microsoft Store.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If this does not help, click here to download the HP Full-feature driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try printing.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Why does HP limit the Deskjet 3700 to only 2.4 Ghz Wifi, and not much faster 5.0?  To save $0.10?

i previously had an HP 6830 printer installed. But i removed it.  However the HP not-very-Smart App gets confused and thinks that printer is still there in addition to the 3700.

As a former HP employee i was embarrassed and annoyed at the poor performance of software and hardware!

Terry Rooney 

HP Recommended

@TRooney95648

According to the printer specifications, this model printer does not support dual-band wireless connectivity. It is as per the design.

Did you try the steps mentioned in my post to resolve the printing issue?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That printer design is very poor. 
I resolved the printing.  Poor Smart App. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

My Brother inkjet allows both 2.4 and 5 GHZ wireless.  My Canon inkjet also does.  Why does HP have an inferior design??

Stupid, asinine "design"

Terry Rooney

HP Recommended

15. Brother

Brother 

Brother...I could type the word over and over for paragraph after paragraph and it wouldn't come close to conveying how PCMag readers feel about the brand, and how highly they recommend it. Brother always dominates when it comes to reader opinions on printers for home or work, and this year is no different. Brother not only takes the highest score (a 67 NPS for home printers), but it also has the only NPS over 50 amid all the printer brands rated by readers. The same thing happened on the business side, where Brother has a 64 NPS. It seemed the competition was thick before, but going into 2022, Brother stands alone.

HP Recommended

@TRooney95648

There are several printers by HP which support dual-band. However, the printer that you have does not support it. This is an entry-level printer.

If you wanted this feature, you could have bought a dual-band compatible HP printer.

It is as per the customer's requirements. Also, the cost of the printer you have is lower when compared to a dual-band compatible printer. With features, the cost goes up.

I hope you understand. Keep me posted for any other assistance. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My Canon $100 printer has dual band and very smooth setup. It can be done! 

HP Recommended

@TRooney95648

Well, it depends on the manufacturer. The printer specifications mention that this is a single-band printer. So, there is nothing that can be done.

You may upgrade the printer if you like to have a dual-band printer.

Keep me posted for any other assistance. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.