Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15-ac053tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so I had a lot of problems in my laptop so I decided to clean install windows and every problem was resolved then I decided to install hp support assistant (before clean installing I had removed my device from the hp support assistant) then I logged into my acc and my device was not there so clicked add my device the automatically detect pc it says no device found then I clicked add my device and I clicked on manually add my device I typed in my serial number and my product number it says this device is already added ut I can't see my device added and now I can't even troubleshoot nor update nor I can see messages i need help soon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

so, guys, I found a method if u have 2 or more hp devices (which I have ) just manually add a device from the other laptop, to make it simple 

if u wanna add hp 1 to support assistant and u r second hp laptop is already added

just add the device manually from hp 2 of u r hp 1

this will work if u only have signed in through support assistant

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@amit82

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Same issue for my desktop, but I'm getting it from my dad, that too with more than a year eft on the Care Pack. It just disappeared from his HPSA profile, and I can't add it from the app but can do so from the website, where it's on my dashboard. It's a 24-e080na. One of my biggest questions is, what happens to the Care Pack if you say 'I no longer own this device to remove it from your HPSA profile? can i carry over to someone else's profile, and is it associated with the device? If not, I'll have to find other ways for updates.

HP Recommended

@FahmidChowdhury

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

The HP Support Assistant is recommended for all HP computers to assist with computer maintenance, software upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and many other options. HP does not recommend removing HP Support Assistant. If you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant because it opens automatically and interrupts other tasks on the computer, then a better alternative is to prevent it from starting automatically (refer to Preventing HP Support Assistant from opening automatically) or adjust the time HP Support Assistant performs tasks (refer to HP Support Assistant interrupts games, movies, or TV). If you still want to uninstall HP Support Assistant or need to uninstall it for troubleshooting purposes, use the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for an open Uninstall a program.

2. On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click Uninstall.

Figure : Uninstall HP Support Assistant

Uninstall screen from the Control Panel with HP Support Assistant highlighted
  3. Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.

Figure: Uninstall confirmation

Confirmation screen to uninstall HP Support Assistant with Yes selected
  4. Restart your computer to complete the process.

Resolve most HP Support Assistant issues by downloading and installing the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant website. Use the information in this document to troubleshoot specific HP Support Assistant issues.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did this a few days before it was suggested, but nevertheless this is the way to fix it. Wouldn't let me sign in to the website, happily I can now.

HP Recommended

@FahmidChowdhury

Thank you for posting back.

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

so, guys, I found a method if u have 2 or more hp devices (which I have ) just manually add a device from the other laptop, to make it simple 

if u wanna add hp 1 to support assistant and u r second hp laptop is already added

just add the device manually from hp 2 of u r hp 1

this will work if u only have signed in through support assistant

HP Recommended

@amit82

Thank you for posting back.

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.