Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 1020
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Who can help me step by step installing printer ond Mac book Air High Sierra 10.13. The printer is HP Laserjet 1020 and I believe you can also use drivers Laserjet 1022. But I do not find the correct drivers, and I have problems with the correct procedure what to select and put on and off when etc. Please send me clear instructions, many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Choose Add Driver... then Pick the printer HP Laserjet 1200 instead

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. Ensure the printer is opowered on and connected to your Mac.
  2. Download and install below drivers from Apple:
    https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US
  3. Open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
  4. Click the Plus sign.
  5. Select the listed 1020 printer.
  6. Click the Use drop down menu and click on Select Printer Software.
  7. Search and selet the 1022 from the list and press Add.

Now try printing using the newly added print queue.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This no longer seems to work with MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.4

My printer just doesn't come online anymore.

I've tried to follow the process above but after installing the driver package I still can't access any of the drivers in the add printers menu.

Does anyone have any other workaround for this or do I need to give up and buy a new printer?

HP Recommended

Choose Add Driver... then Pick the printer HP Laserjet 1200 instead

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.