Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laserjet M1217nfw MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laserjet M1217nfw MFP used to work just fine, even on Windows 10.  After some updates to Windows 10, the printer driver was changed to "Microsoft IPP class driver".  This driver does not allow me to specify a no. 10 envelope in the paper size.  The HP driver allowed that.

How do I roll back the Microsoft driver and install the HP driver that comes with the download file LJM1130_M1210_MFP_Full_solution.exe?

I no longer have the CD that came with the printer.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cobnashine

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please download and install the Full Feature Software and Driver from here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-LaserJet-Pro-M1217nfw-Multifunction-Printer-seri...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've tried that.  After I launch the file, it is extracted (to a location unknown) and closes.  But I don't think it does anything.  Even when I run it as Administrator.  There must be some trick to using it successfully.  What am I doing wrong?

HP Recommended

Let's do this: Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.
Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zS1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not sure what that means.  I download the file, double-click it, and a window opens that shows the extraction.  To where it extracts I do not know.  Then the window closes and the printer drivers are unchanged.

To which "start" button and "search bar" are you referring?  I must not be using the downloaded file correctly.

Thanks very much for your help.

HP Recommended

The windows flag icon on the bottom left of the screen. 

Let me know 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.