cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
Level 1
17 9 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

hp envy 4500 all in one printer

HP Recommended

I have a hp envy 4500 all in one printer and i am trying to download the software and drivers that i need to use the printer from the web site and it is not working... I am not getting no error message it just it is not working... I did have a disk that came with my printer to install it but i cannot find it.... I had to take my computer back to factory reset cuz i was having a problem with my laptop but it is working better now.... Can someone please help me with this... I need my printer to work....

Thank you would greatly appreciate it.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
135 132 12 20
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ward1

Use this assistant for install:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Another assistant for install Printer:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PIW

I hope that helps !
Smiley Happy

Can I ask you a favor ?

If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.

Have a nice week !
Smiley Very Happy

I´m a volunteer in the HP Forum !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
17 9 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did try your solution and it is still not working... MY internet icon on my printer is just blicking how do i fix that? i Half to ins tall the printer... I went onto Hp website to download the software and the drivers for it but it didnt work... I lost my installation disk that came with my computer to install my printer....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
17 9 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

could i hook up my printer to my modem or my laptop with a ethernet cable would that work.. cuz it says not connected to network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
135 132 12 20
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ward1

Please restore the printer to factory defaults:

Touch Settings (wrench symbol),

Touch Tools,

Scrool down,

Touch Restore Factory Defaults

and try again

I hope that helps !
Smiley Happy

Can I ask you a favor ?

If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.

Have a nice week !
Smiley Very Happy

I´m a volunteer in the HP Forum !

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
17 9 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I dont have that on my printer i just was looking for it... This is getting me so frustrating... I wish i could find my cd for it...But I looked everywhere for it and no luck... so that is why i went to the website and found the download.... It just the printer wont connected to the internet the light is just constantly blinking...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
17 9 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It also shows my ip on my printer is not connected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i go to settings for printer and follow the directions to install hp 4500 printer the app does not recognize the printer. I have tried both wi-fi and ethernet connections with no success.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bwahhh,

I have exactly the same problem.

On my wife's PC it just works fine in the network.

I can see the IP-address, the name of the printer, and so on when I try to install, but at my PC it just does not work.

Indeed very frustrating and I more and more am in the mood to buy another printer from another supplyer. The support from HP is too complicated to find my way.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation