Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a hp envy 4500 all in one printer and i am trying to download the software and drivers that i need to use the printer from the web site and it is not working... I am not getting no error message it just it is not working... I did have a disk that came with my printer to install it but i cannot find it.... I had to take my computer back to factory reset cuz i was having a problem with my laptop but it is working better now.... Can someone please help me with this... I need my printer to work....

Thank you would greatly appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ward1

Please restore the printer to factory defaults:

Touch Settings (wrench symbol),

Touch Tools,

Scrool down,

Touch Restore Factory Defaults

and try again

I hope that helps !
Smiley Happy

Can I ask you a favor ?

If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.

Have a nice week !
Smiley Very Happy

I´m a volunteer in the HP Forum !

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @ward1

Use this assistant for install:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Another assistant for install Printer:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PIW

I hope that helps !
Smiley Happy

Can I ask you a favor ?

If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.

Have a nice week !
Smiley Very Happy

HP Recommended

I did try your solution and it is still not working... MY internet icon on my printer is just blicking how do i fix that? i Half to ins tall the printer... I went onto Hp website to download the software and the drivers for it but it didnt work... I lost my installation disk that came with my computer to install my printer....

HP Recommended

could i hook up my printer to my modem or my laptop with a ethernet cable would that work.. cuz it says not connected to network.

HP Recommended

@ward1

Please restore the printer to factory defaults:

Touch Settings (wrench symbol),

Touch Tools,

Scrool down,

Touch Restore Factory Defaults

and try again

I hope that helps !
Smiley Happy

Can I ask you a favor ?

Have a nice week !
Smiley Very Happy

HP Recommended

I dont have that on my printer i just was looking for it... This is getting me so frustrating... I wish i could find my cd for it...But I looked everywhere for it and no luck... so that is why i went to the website and found the download.... It just the printer wont connected to the internet the light is just constantly blinking...

HP Recommended

It also shows my ip on my printer is not connected.

HP Recommended

when i go to settings for printer and follow the directions to install hp 4500 printer the app does not recognize the printer. I have tried both wi-fi and ethernet connections with no success.

HP Recommended

Bwahhh,

I have exactly the same problem.

On my wife's PC it just works fine in the network.

I can see the IP-address, the name of the printer, and so on when I try to install, but at my PC it just does not work.

Indeed very frustrating and I more and more am in the mood to buy another printer from another supplyer. The support from HP is too complicated to find my way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.