Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Easy Scan
Other

Since updating to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 last week HP Easy Scan now crashes as soon as it has completed a scan.

I am connecting to my printer (an HP Officejet Pro 6970) by wifi, using HP Easy Scan installed from the App Store.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my printer drivers and HP Easy Scan but no luck.

Richard

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Either Apple or HP seem to have ‘cocked up’ this release. I, like many other users (see Apple forum), cannot use OS based software to print remotely to a HP printer. It now seems that other HP software has problems. 

When trying to print I get a report that the printer “refuses to accept print job”. Printing from IOS devices and Windows machines works fine. 

Come on HP please get it sorted. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem w/my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978.  It started with macOS Catalina 15.10 and continues with the new macOS Big Sur 11.0.1.  Consistently receive message HPDM.framework will damage my computer.  Fro the moment, I've relocated the file to my Trash where it shall remain until either HP fixes the problem or I go purchase a new printer/scanner from Canon or Brother

HP Recommended

Me too Richard.  HP need to get their App udated PDQ!!

HP Recommended

Suggest you download HP Smart from the App Store accessible through Mac OS. Once you've signed up, you will see your printer on the network (providing both Mac and HP Printer are on same network) then you'll be able to print/scan and do other tasks through this App. Well worth the extra 5-10 minutes to set up.

HP Recommended

Hi

That works in getting my scanning functionality working again on Big Sur, thanks.

Easy Scan is still broken yet still in the App Store. Shoulnd't HP just quietly retire that app if they are no longer updating it?

HP Recommended

HP Smart is a functional but really lousy scan app.

Easy scan was infinitely better.  I almost don't want to scan since the HP Smart makes it hard to save the files, and defaults to a ridiculously high DPI --and won't compress the file to make it shareable. 

I am really disappointed in this 'fix'

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.