Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo All-in-One printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-one printer , new , installing , downloaded and installed drivers,   printer will not print jobs from the computer..  Prints from glass.  prints test page from computer during HP troubleshooting process.  I have the same job in queque seven times with no results.  do not know how to clear that   

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MAP69, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I am assuming that the printer is connected wireless to the computer. Follow the steps below-

Assign manual IP to the printer

The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.

For the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server. These are Google’s public DNS servers

Add a TCP/IP port

1. Print a Network Configuration Report from the Printer Settings or Wireless menu.
  2. Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab and then click Add Port.
  3. Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
  4. Follow the instructions to add a new port using the information listed on the Network Configuration Report.
  5. Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response TEJ1602.  I am a senior citizen and 'almost' computer illiterate.  I have tried to follow the instructions sent with no luck.  I do not understand much of what is being said in the video or instructed.  The printer is a wireless printer but also has a wired connection.  I have tried both with no luck.  I do not understand DNS  or Manual preferred server. No instructions came with the printer so I do not know how to print a network configuration report or what that is.  Select standard tcp/ip port????????? I went to the video and was lost almost immediately.  Like as soon as it said to connect the printer to a network???????   I'm not the dumbest rock in the box of rocks but I'm pretty close to the bottom when it comes to computers.  Thank you for trying.

HP Recommended

a

HP Recommended

that is just one of the numerous things I am trying to accomplish while trying to install my new printer.  Thank you for responding.  I need the help installing my new printer

HP Recommended

b

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.