Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 6455
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a new HP ENVY 6455 printer on Dec. 6,2021.  I signed up for a account and their ink program. Under "my account", it listed that the start date of my warranty was Sept. 29, 2021 and the end date was Oct. 28, 2022. I have "chatted" with HP about it with zero results. I was given a phone number to call and again they were no help. I have no issue with the printer yet, as it is only a few days old. What I don't understand is the listed warranty dates. How can the start date of the warranty be Sept. 29, 2021 when I just purchased it in Dec.???  HP was absolutely no help.  There wasn't a category for warranty so I listed this here.  thanks for any insight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is how warranty works: When a product is manufactured, an arbitrary date is chosen for the warranty. That date is one year and 3 months from date printer is made. This is to account for shipping time and what ever. This is only a baseline because something needs to be put into the database to prevent error. In some cases, brand new printers have sat in a warehouse for months and when purchased, initially the warranty shows as expired or only a couple of months. When you purchase a printer and then register your sale, that database is updated so that the warranty time reflects 1 year from date of purchase. This process takes time, often about a week and the agents you are talking to have no control over that. They submit the warranty update request and that is handled by another department. Worst case, retain your bill of sale as that trumps any number in a database. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is how warranty works: When a product is manufactured, an arbitrary date is chosen for the warranty. That date is one year and 3 months from date printer is made. This is to account for shipping time and what ever. This is only a baseline because something needs to be put into the database to prevent error. In some cases, brand new printers have sat in a warehouse for months and when purchased, initially the warranty shows as expired or only a couple of months. When you purchase a printer and then register your sale, that database is updated so that the warranty time reflects 1 year from date of purchase. This process takes time, often about a week and the agents you are talking to have no control over that. They submit the warranty update request and that is handled by another department. Worst case, retain your bill of sale as that trumps any number in a database. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.