Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I own an HP Officejet Pro 8740 (great printer) after last update I got a green flashing toolbar arcross the top of the printer screen with a bunch of tool symbols and the words sign in. This essentially junks the printer, it wont print or scan to the computer.

PROBLEM SOLVED

I tried switching off the power and it froze, so I pulled the plug. Upon restart it told me off for pulling the plug, recycled, and now works, with no more tool bar.

Using a Chrome browser (opera and edge don't work) follow the post in this section to find your printers ip address, go to the IP address and follow the menu options to get your scan functioning.  It worked for me. I am now printing and scanning

HP Recommended

What happens when you try to connect to the EWS and it doesn't work? I type the IP and it recognizes it is HP, but then says network connection doesn't work. Obviously, we are seeing the printer, but the server isn't initializing. 

HP Recommended

Zig, you are an awesome person for sorting this for me, been puzzling me for weeks!

Many thanks!

MB

HP Recommended

Similar problem with a X476dw. The scan to email stopped working for our customer around late November 2017. No changes were made to the device by the customer.

I couldn't log in as admin on the web interface to configure it, so have factory defaulted and still can't get logged in as admin.

I confirm 100% that the device has been fully factory defaulted.

Firmware was updated to the latest last month.

No longer in warranty.

Don't know what the hell the default admin password is! Have tried all the usual suspects.

Don't know what the PIN is when using the control panel on the device.

We can access the web interface, but need the admin password to do any configuration. At least 3 of us techies have taken a look at this now. Please help!

HP Recommended
My x476dw does the exact same thing fgfgfg. I can't figure it out. I heard I have to replace the mother board but not sure.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies as I don't use this eMail address much anymore.

You can set a password to prevent unauthorized users from remotely configuring the printer or viewing printer settings from the embedded web server (EWS). Once set, this password is required to change or view many printer settings from the EWS.

By default the admin password is <blank>. Have you tried just leaving the password field blank?

Let me know how it goes and I will check this eMail address over the next few days.

HP Recommended

You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Zig!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.