cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I own an HP Officejet Pro 8740 (great printer) after last update I got a green flashing toolbar arcross the top of the printer screen with a bunch of tool symbols and the words sign in. This essentially junks the printer, it wont print or scan to the computer.

PROBLEM SOLVED

I tried switching off the power and it froze, so I pulled the plug. Upon restart it told me off for pulling the plug, recycled, and now works, with no more tool bar.

Using a Chrome browser (opera and edge don't work) follow the post in this section to find your printers ip address, go to the IP address and follow the menu options to get your scan functioning.  It worked for me. I am now printing and scanning

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happens when you try to connect to the EWS and it doesn't work? I type the IP and it recognizes it is HP, but then says network connection doesn't work. Obviously, we are seeing the printer, but the server isn't initializing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Zig, you are an awesome person for sorting this for me, been puzzling me for weeks!

Many thanks!

MB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Similar problem with a X476dw. The scan to email stopped working for our customer around late November 2017. No changes were made to the device by the customer.

I couldn't log in as admin on the web interface to configure it, so have factory defaulted and still can't get logged in as admin.

I confirm 100% that the device has been fully factory defaulted.

Firmware was updated to the latest last month.

No longer in warranty.

Don't know what the hell the default admin password is! Have tried all the usual suspects.

Don't know what the PIN is when using the control panel on the device.

We can access the web interface, but need the admin password to do any configuration. At least 3 of us techies have taken a look at this now. Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My x476dw does the exact same thing fgfgfg. I can't figure it out. I heard I have to replace the mother board but not sure.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
3 3 0 5
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies as I don't use this eMail address much anymore.

You can set a password to prevent unauthorized users from remotely configuring the printer or viewing printer settings from the embedded web server (EWS). Once set, this password is required to change or view many printer settings from the EWS.

By default the admin password is <blank>. Have you tried just leaving the password field blank?

Let me know how it goes and I will check this eMail address over the next few days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Zig!!!!!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation