Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 1220C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried several of the suggested driver installs, including the automatic devise install in Windows 10, but always end with "Driver is unavailable."  Is there no driver for deskjet 1220c under Windows 10, 64-bit??

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Follow these steps (Blue Dot) to get the IN-OS drivers for your printer.

1. Go to Devices and Printers > Add a printer1. Go to Devices and Printers > Add a printer2. Select "Add a local printer"2. Select "Add a local printer"3. Use an existing port3. Use an existing port4.  Click on "Windows Update"  (may take a while to update) and then "HP"4. Click on "Windows Update" (may take a while to update) and then "HP"5.  Scroll until you find your printer model.5. Scroll until you find your printer model.

1. Click "Next" and walk through the rest of the steps to install your printer.

Hope that helps!

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and I tried the fix from GreenTurtle and clicked to install the 1220C but after a minute or so I get and error message "Printer Driver was not installed".  Tried it 3 times, same result.

HP Recommended

Apparently we are wasting our time.  I finally got through to a person at HP and there are not drivers available for DJ1220C printer for Windows 10 operating system.  They have no plans to provide the driver and suggest that you upgrade to a new printer.  So don't buy a really good printer from HP because they won't support it even if it lasts a long time.

HP Recommended

Hello, look I have some extrange behavior, I have a Deskjet 1220c, oldie but I love it, and have 3 Computers with win10 booth, the first one was windows 7(x64)-PRO that migrate to win10 via internet, in win7 only get this drivers through windows update only. after migration work fine.

2nd computer buy (year 2017) and install new windows 10-ULTIMATE (x64), so windows update solve my problem and download & install and work fine.

The Last computer is a new from 2018 with windows 10-PRO (x64), but windows update don't showme my HP Deskjet 1220c anymore in the windows update list filtered by "HP" or "Hewlett Packard".

Maybe HP no longer support since 2018, or Windows not support or missing some files in the servers or Windows team not know about that, because I try to find and did it inside my PC in windows folders.

I took my 2nd computer Win10-PRO and see where is the drivers and found it!

I will share with the comunity .

Take the Driver and enjoy it. is for Win10 (x64).

[link removed]

Ps: Team from HP. you could be more complacent with your people, I know that says ..."Windows support that driver, no HP".

HP Recommended

link is removed, can someone reuploud it? 

HP Recommended
I send to you in Private. If moderators approve that
HP Recommended

Hi!
Can you send me link too?
Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello !
Can you send me this link too ?
Thank you !

HP Recommended

Can you please send me the link or the driver?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.