Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo Printer 7134
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had notification of Firmware update version 1925 so I started to download and it said: A separate installer will be launched.

The next screen told me to select the printer to update.  I wasn't sure it was mine - Host name HP939065, Version PALFAPPXN003.1931B.00.  Status said 'Not applicable'.   I couldn't select it or click update.

Since then strange things have been happening - sometimes not printing, messages saying the door is open and cannot print, etc.  I feel the update was half done.  Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@carolgodfrey,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues installing the printer firmware update.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article to update the printer firmware and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have had this experience several times, when Support Assistant tried to download and install 1925 and it was declared to be not applicable to my printer when I tried to install it.  My HP Envy 7155 apparently shipped with a newer version of the Firmware, which is 1931. So, it will not install an outdated Firmware patch on a printer with a more recent distribution already on board.  I purchased my printer in September, and the issue seems to have been already addressed.  Instead of a nebulous remark like "not applicable" the message should simply be "printer already updated."   It is annoying when HP repeatedly tries to install an outdated patch on your printer, when the problem has already been fixed.  It is up to them to fix the problem so that the download does not occur if you already have a later version of the firmware on your printer.

HP Recommended

Hi @Scotsman2

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

The current firmware update available on the HP support site is 1925A released on Jul 11, 2019. There are 2 ways to update the printer firmware, either from the PC or from the printer screen.

Since your printer was manufactured in September, it is pre-installed with the updated version of the firmware. About the message displayed on the printer screen 'not applicable', it indicates that the firmware cannot be applied to this printer. That also means it is incompatible. I can put it across the respective team of engineers. Thank you for the feedback.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks!  I had an idea that the problem was that the firmware update was an earlier version and that's why it was not applicable to my particular printer. 

HP Recommended

@Scotsman2

Glad to know that you found the answer to your query. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.