Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2132

I keep getting the "Access Denied" error on HP Update .... I have already tried the reinstall of the HP Support Assistant , I thought it fixed it , but a week later I got the error again (today)   , I have searched some of the topics on this , and some require you to Update Windows .... The issue is  , I worked with Microsoft and we shut off Windows Updates  , as I could not stand the "Creators Update" , it was more like a glitchy downgrade  , so we went into the system and Registry and were able to disable Windows Update , as it is not normally able to be disabled .... ..... anyway 

I continually get the Access Denied pop-up  , and would like a actual "fix" that works  , as nothing else I tried mentioned in the forums or Support has resolved this issue  , and I will not re-enable Windows Update EVER as it automatically starts installing the Creators Update , then I end up having to reformat to get my PC back to the way it was and working again ....   , So I need someone with a actual "fix" that will stop the popup once and for all  , without needing to do a Windows Update .... How can I shut off the Update Popup ??? , and just manually do updates ??

Any actual info relating to my actual issue and specific related issues , that have the understanding that I will not do any Windows Update ... as the issue is with the Updater , and not Windows .... or a compatibility issue with Windows 10 , in which case HP , needs to address this and send everyone a "fix" , and please do not leave a scripted generic reply to do things I have already tried ... Thanks ... Jim

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JimDirt Welcome to HP Community!

Have you signed in to HP support assistance?

Please see the below screenshot and disable the pop-up message.

HPSA

When you want to check for the driver's update. Please click on the check for updates and messages.

Please try to signed out and signed in to HP support assistance and check. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@praveen196 wrote:

@JimDirtWelcome to HP Community!

Have you signed in to HP support assistance?

Please see the below screenshot and disable the pop-up message.

HPSA

When you want to check for the driver's update. Please click on the check for updates and messages.

Please try to signed out and signed in to HP support assistance and check. 

Keep us posted,

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Is the Sign In the same as here ??  , since it is HP ??  , as when I try to sign in to it , it keeps saying "Log In Failed. Wrong User ID or Password or the Service is not available" ..... Or ..... Do I need to create a separate account for the HP Support Assistant ??

EDIT::::::::   I just figured out the log in issue  , it seems it wants the email address to sign in ..... now I will see if the checkbox works ....

EDIT EDIT:  OK  , I did what was suggested above ..... I will have to wait and see if it actually works ... I shut off the Updates as well as the Notifications for it ... hopefully this fixes the Update popup error .... I will report back in a few weeks to give it time to give the error ........ Thanks for the help ..... and I will update this post once I know if it is either fixed or still a issue ....   Jim ..

HP Recommended

@JimDirt

Thank you for the update.

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time. 

And thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on the post you feel, helped you the most, Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

@praveen196 wrote:

@JimDirt

Thank you for the update.

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time. 

And thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on the post you feel, helped you the most, Have a great day! 

OK  , Today the Access Denied pop-up  , just "popped up" AGAIN  , so the issue is still the same  , so the "fix" is not a fix and the issue still persists , and shutting off the "update" did not fix the issue   , so either the HP Support Assistant does not save its settings even though it "looks" like it did  , or this "popup" overrides everything , and that needs to be addressed  ...... Any Ideas what to do now ??  ..... Thanks .... Jim

HP Recommended

@JimDirt

Please sign in with a different account and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@praveen196 wrote:

@JimDirt

Please sign in with a different account and check for the issue.

Keep us posted,

Have a great day!

I do not have a different account  , I am the ONLY user on my PC and I do not want , nor should I have to make a separate account just to test a issue that clearly has been a ongoing issue with thousands of users .... the issue is NOT on my end  , that is the reason I am here  , is to get someone from HP to FIX the issue that is CLEARLY caused by the HP Printer Software ......  As much as I hate Windows  , the issue is not Windows , it is the Support Assistant  , or the Driver Software and Update Process that the printers (seems to be a issue with multiple printers from the other topics I have read by hundreds of posts I have read from other HP Printer users that have the exact same issue

What I am looking for is someone to contact the actual Tech Support , and have them work on and implement a FIX that either stops the error from happening  , by either disabling and removing the popup that says Access Denied for HP Update  , or , actually addressing and FIXING it so this annoying error , which cannot be traced , because it does NOT show up in Windows Event Viewer , so there is no way for us to trace the origin of the error does not keep happening over and over with no way for the user to fix and stop it from occurring ..... Thanks ... Jim

HP Recommended

@JimDirt

I understand your concerns. We do not have the option to take the remote control of your computer and troubleshoot.

I would suggest you contact our Phone support in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.