Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Exactly!  I messed around for several hours trying to get HP Smart to work for my printer but it just doesn't help...at least with my printer.  Thanks for giving me the info on Image Capture...at least that works for me!  

HP Recommended

Hello all,

For HP printers being connected to the network, we can also use scanning from Embedded Web servers.

Do the following, to scanning from Embedded Web Server:

1. Load the original document and the scanner window.
  2. On the printer control panel screen, tap the Wireless icon (c04525405) to retrieve the printer's IP address.

Note: For printers with a basic control panel, please press the Wireless and Information button. The printer prints a page, please retrieve the IP address and take the next step.

3. Start an Internet page and then type this address into the address bar and Enter. The printer web server interface opens.
  4. Click on the Scan tab, then develop Scan to Computer and click Start Scan button.  The digitization begins.
    Webscan.JPG

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I call this whole thing BS.  This should have been addressed ages ago.  I've already spent hours trying to connect my Windows 10 update with my Hp printer.  Now I find out that I can't scan to my Mac.  Thanks for the links, but this is a workaround.  (Im)patiently waiting for a solution.  Sigh.  Back to Brother next time.

HP Recommended

You must not be trying to run a business using these printers. Three weeks shouldn't be Ok.   

HP Recommended

FYI- Don't bother installing HP Smart.   It doesn't work either.    It looks like I might be able to scan to a uSB drive- haven't tried that. yet. 

HP Recommended

I have used Easy Scan with all previous versions of OSX and macOS on my Officejet 6700. Being without it is disastrous for my business and the Image Capture workaround provided does not in fact work for me in Catalina 10.15. As an alternative I have had to purchase VueScan at USD 40 in the meantime.

How can I be alerted once HP has fixed this frustrating defect in Easy Scan?

HP Recommended

PS: HP Smart installs but hangs on my mac mini running Catalina 10.15 so that's also a non-starter....

HP Recommended

The workaround is realy working, but a fix for Easy Scan would be nescessary.

HP Recommended

That's my point - a fix is needed. But how will we know when it's fixed? Just keep checking for new versions of Easy Scan? Come on HP...

HP Recommended

[edit]you for this post.

All star display
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.