11-22-2019 12:12 PM
Officejet 4650 allinone unit was working fine for months. Now updates or driver changes have removed color as an option from the printer in windows. Via USB connection the driver acts normal and gives color as a print choice. I have removed all HP software, rebooted and reinstalled to no avail. HP you are ruining my vacation with my parents by forcing me to spend hours trying things fruitlessly to get the printer working properly before I leave.
I need a printer driver that will work under Windows 10 build 18362.476 and allow the wifi connection to operate the same as the USB connection
11-25-2019 02:01 PM
@pjmartin1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
This seems to be an issue with the print driver. Installing the print driver compatible with Win 7 on your Win 10 PC may resolve this issue:
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee