Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Dell INSPIRON 15 3000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings Team,

Upron trying to install the software driver for my HP Deskjet D1660 via HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.2.1, I get a pop-up that states: "Another instance of this application is already running" and this is my first attempt on THIS laptop. The other attempts were on another. Both Laptops are Windows 10.

I've tried the following:

• Cleared task manager of any duplicates.
  • Restarted printer and tried again
  • Rebooted Laptop and tried again

issue1.PNGissue2.PNGissue3.PNGissue4.PNG

I look forward to your response. 

Warm regards

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@SheSehv, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try following the steps below:

First, to close your other instance of the Print and Scan Doctor:
Close all other programs you have open.
Press Ctrl, Alt, and Del on your keyboard at the same time.
Click on Start Task Manager.
Click on the Applications tab.
Click on the Print and Scan Doctor listed.
Click on End Task.
If you are still unable to open the Print and Scan Doctor, click on the Processes tab and do the same with anything that has HP in the name.

This should allow you to run the Print and Scan Doctor and resolve your issues.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, try uninstalling the print and scan doctor from your PC. Refer to this document for help

Install the latest version of PSDR using this link.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you ever resolve this issue I have the same problem

HP Recommended

@kjg614

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Did you try the steps from the previous post already?

Also, you can use Windows built-in drivers: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still not working i tried on two different computers both with windows 10. Got a brand new printer and i can't use it ? it's for sure a bug with the uploading of the software. Your tech should take a look about what is going on with this. I hope you can solve the problem.

HP Recommended

@Natdub

Welcome to HP support community.

Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. :- Click here

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is the model D1660. 

HP Recommended

@kjg614

Try using the HP Smart app and let me know if that helps

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.