Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M203dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a LaserJet Pro M203dw that our old IT guy set up.  He is gone and our school district did a wifi network upgrade, and I can no longer get this printer on the wifi.  We do NOT have admin password (it appears he changed it.  Does anyone know how to take the printer back to factory settings without using wifi.  I am able to plug it in via USB, but without the password, I am stuck.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@techhelpteacher

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand that your HP printer is not connecting to wifi due to a password issue, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If yes, make sure the dual-band has different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G networks.
  • What is the distance between the router and the printer?
  • What's the Wi-Fi light status on the Printer(Blinking or Steady)? 
  • Could you share the screen where it's asking for the password? 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So - let me be a little clearer.  I cannot get into the printer settings to make any changes to the network since we lost the admin username and password to the printer to make those changes.  

HP Recommended

Here is where it is asking for a password.  We know the password was changed, not sure about the username.  

techhelpteacher_0-1632843139609.png

HP Recommended

@techhelpteacher

Thank you for posting back. 

let’s try these steps to restore the printer to defaults –

1) Print a configuration page to determine the IP address or host name.

• Press and hold the Resume button until the Ready light begins blinking.
  • Release the Resume button.

2) Open a web browser, and in the address line, type the IP address or host name exactly as it displays on the printer configuration page. Press the Enter key on the computer keyboard. The EWS opens.

3) On the System tab, click Save and Restore in the left navigation pane.

4) In the Restore Defaults area, click the Restore defaults button. The printer automatically restarts.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.