Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-15-2021 12:58 PM
I have a LaserJet Pro M203dw that our old IT guy set up. He is gone and our school district did a wifi network upgrade, and I can no longer get this printer on the wifi. We do NOT have admin password (it appears he changed it. Does anyone know how to take the printer back to factory settings without using wifi. I am able to plug it in via USB, but without the password, I am stuck.
09-18-2021 08:09 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I understand that your HP printer is not connecting to wifi due to a password issue, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If yes, make sure the dual-band has different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G networks.
- What is the distance between the router and the printer?
- What's the Wi-Fi light status on the Printer(Blinking or Steady)?
- Could you share the screen where it's asking for the password?
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
09-28-2021 03:03 PM
Thank you for posting back.
let’s try these steps to restore the printer to defaults –
1) Print a configuration page to determine the IP address or host name.
- Press and hold the Resume button until the Ready light begins blinking.
- Release the Resume button.
2) Open a web browser, and in the address line, type the IP address or host name exactly as it displays on the printer configuration page. Press the Enter key on the computer keyboard. The EWS opens.
3) On the System tab, click Save and Restore in the left navigation pane.
4) In the Restore Defaults area, click the Restore defaults button. The printer automatically restarts.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee