Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
LaserJet CP1525nw Color
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I could not connect my HP LaserJet CP1525nw Color wireless printer to my NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6 router.  I could see the printer listed in the NETGEAR router set-up with the printer MAC address but with all zeros in the assigned IP address.  Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@dkt2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you using a mesh network?

Check if the router is in WPA/WPA2 encryption as the printer only supports these security methods.

Use the WPS method to connect the printer to the new router as shown in this document - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed your suggestion, but the printer still failed to connect to router.  The error message shown in the Netgear firmware was "client's PIN is not correct.  Failed to add a wireless client to the network."  

HP Recommended

@dkt2

Were you able to check the security encryption method of your wireless router and if it is a mesh network?

Is MAC filtering enabled on the router?

This information can be obtained with the help of your internet service provider.

Do you have a USB or an ethernet cable?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307,

The router security is WPA-2-Personal (AES). It is not a mesh network.  I do not know if there is MAC filtering because it is not mentioned in the router manual.  I do have a USB or ethernet cable.  The router firmware listed the printer with correct printer MAC address but assigned all zeros in the IP address.   Thanks.

HP Recommended

@dkt2

It is the router's job to assign a valid IP address to the printer. Have you checked with your Internet service provider about the issue as the router is recognizing the printer but not assigning an IP address.

Have you tried connecting a USB or ethernet cable to check if that helps in printing from the computer?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307,

I have tried to use USB to setup the printer by following the HP Print and Scan Doctor.  It failed.  I think it is better for me to describe to you step-by step what I did.

1.  I first used the printer WPS Pushbutton set-up

2.  I then pressed the "Pushbutton" in the router firmware.

3.  Router tried to update but failed with the error message "The client's PIN is not correct. Failed to add a wireless client to network."

4. When I opened the firmware, the printer was not listed in the attached device list.

Then I tried using the printer WPS PIN set-up.

1. Input PIN displayed on the printer LCD to the "PIN" entry in the router firmware.

2. Router tried to update but failed with the same error message above.

3. When I opened the firmware, the printer was now listed in the attached device list with correct printer MAC address but with all zeros in the IP address.

i have not talked to the internet service provider about this problem since the router is not their device.  I did not rent the equipment from the provider.  I suspect there is a setting in either the printer or the router that is in conflict with each other.   Any other suggestion?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@dkt2

Thank you for your patience.

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307,

Thanks for your advice.  I reached out to the HP Technical Support.  I was asked to use the online virtual agent and follow its instructions, which I did before I posted my problem on the community support site.  It seems like I need to pay to talk to a HP technical support staff one-on-one.   

dtk2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.