Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Hp envy pro 6400
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Instant Ink Solution: My printer won’t connect directly through my iPhone hotspot, however, I was able to connect using the following process by sharing my iPhone’s data plan through my iMac.  This may be a viable solution for people like myself who exclusively  use their iPhone hotspot to connect to internet and also have a Mac computer. 
1.  Download HP Smart on your iPhone

2. Tether your phone to your Mac computer via USB cable

3. Share your iPhone’s internet connection through your computer’s WiFi by setting up a wireless network:  see linked tutorial for the process 

https://www.macworld.com/article/234800/how-to-turn-your-phone-hotspot-into-a-home-broadband-network...

4. Connect your iPhone to your newly created computer’s shared wireless network using your WiFi settings on your iPhone.

5. Put HP printer into wireless discovery mode.

6. Open HP Smart app on your iPhone and click to setup new printer.

7.  Your printer should discover your Mac computer’s shared network(it took me a few tries)

8. Anytime your iPhone is tethered AND your computer is sharing the connection your printer will be able to communicate with HP regarding pages printed and ink levels as if you had a wireless networked router.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello lutimo,

Thank you for visiting our community, we are glad that you have resolved the issue you were experiencing on your device.

In this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem.

Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.