cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Connecting HP Envy to new HP All in One Computer

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Purchased a new HP all in one pc and was hoping to be able to use my older HP Envy with the new computer. Did all of the installation steps and was told that the Envy wasn't connected to the internet but it clearly was. I then did all of the diagnostics and re-installations guided by HP and got the same result several times. I have a nagging feeling that there's something in the HP All in One that I should change but I'm not sure what that is. I'm not a technical person so be gentle with me if  you have a suggestion. I tried to reach a real person at HP and here I am because I couldn't.  Other than buying a new printer does Anyone have a idea for me? Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,137 24,025 1,333 1,417
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Emack2

Welcome to the HP support community.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix connectivity and printing issues.

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

2. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

3. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

4. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

5. Try to print.

Assign a manual IP address and that should fix the issue.

A Network Configuration Page lists important network settings such as network status and the printer IP address.

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .
  2. Touch Settings, touch the Down Arrow once, and then touch Print Reports. The Print Reports menu displays.
  3. Touch Network Configuration Page.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address from the page you printed, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation