Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3772
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm attempting to enable web services for my printer. Like an idiot, I followed the instructions! Which led me to the EWS (The Embedded Web Server). Unfortunately, in order to do anything, I need to Sign In, using a "Custom Printer Password" which has apparently been set... Somewhere?

hp.png

But set where?

And before any of you support people come in with your usual "We need to do a complete reset, I'll send you instructions via private message," understand that this is a BRAND NEW PRINTER. JUST OUT OF THE BOX. There is no reset here that will help, and honestly, seeing THAT response SOOOOOO many times in these messages, I'm gonna call that out as BS, and you really have no idea what the problem is. Give me something I can use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here's the actual solution I finally figured out on my own. And no, I'm not entering my WIRELESS password. I'm talking about a PIN or Password being required to get into the EWS that the printer creates.

OK, ready?

1. Turn on the printer and make sure wi-fi shows as connected (The blue button is lit and not blinking).
  2. Click the wi-fi button once, then the Information button (The "i" icon) once.
  3. Wait for the printer to print out a Printer Information Page. This might take a while.
  4. On the printed page, at the upper right, you'll see the PRINTER PIN (In the section with the serial number, firmware version and automatic firmware update setting).
  5. Use that PIN to access the Embedded Web Server. 

And yes, I do plan on marking my own reply as the solution. Good night, Atlanta!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The default username is admin (all lower case), try entering your wireless password (to deny any option it was mis-typed as the printer password) or any possible password you may intentionally selected for the printer (if known)

If that doesn't work a printer reset would be retired indeed to reset the printer settings to its default settings, which remove any setting as a password set, it doesn't matter if this was done after a year or 60 seconds, it is not out of the box if any printer configuration was incorrectly done and any unknown password was incorrectly set, a reset would clear it after a year, a day or few seconds, so I'm not clear with your intention why this can't be used..

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Here's the actual solution I finally figured out on my own. And no, I'm not entering my WIRELESS password. I'm talking about a PIN or Password being required to get into the EWS that the printer creates.

OK, ready?

1. Turn on the printer and make sure wi-fi shows as connected (The blue button is lit and not blinking).
  2. Click the wi-fi button once, then the Information button (The "i" icon) once.
  3. Wait for the printer to print out a Printer Information Page. This might take a while.
  4. On the printed page, at the upper right, you'll see the PRINTER PIN (In the section with the serial number, firmware version and automatic firmware update setting).
  5. Use that PIN to access the Embedded Web Server. 

And yes, I do plan on marking my own reply as the solution. Good night, Atlanta!

HP Recommended

Thank you - it worked !!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.