Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Desktop 3052A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will not connect to internet when trying to setup eprint.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Bill-McD

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand you are unable to set up ePrint as the printer is not connected to the internet. To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • What's the Wi-Fi light status on the Printer(Blinking or Steady)? 
  • Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? If yes, make sure the dual-band has different SSIDs for 2.4G and 5G networks.

• Are you getting any error messages or codes? 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You for responding.

As far as after a Windows update ... I can't be sure but it was working a few weeks ago.  I hardly even use E-print but it was showing as active, then.

I update windows as soon as I see one.

I do have dual band modem/router ARRIS SBG7600AC2.

The connection has been working fine ever since in installed it.

It was obviously fine with my phone and LT until recently.

I have not checked if the SSID,s are different as of now.

But why would that differ?  If things were work previously?

And yes! the printer connects to my network just fine.

HP Recommended

@Bill-McD

Thank you for posting back. 

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Hard Reset: 

1. Turn off the computer, and then unplug the power cord.

2. Disconnect any peripheral devices, and then remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. With the power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for approximately 15 seconds.

4. After you drain the capacitors, plug in the power cord. Leave peripheral devices disconnected.

5. Turn on the computer. And try connecting to the wireless network. 

6. If the issue persists, follow the next steps.

BIOS default:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don’t understand why resetting the BIOS on my computer will fix my printer’s connectivity???

HP Recommended

@Bill-McD

Thank you for posting back. 

BIOS default will undo changes if there were any, 

• Are you able to connect your printer to the internet? 

Make sure your printer, computer, or mobile device meet HP ePrint support and connectivity requirements.

• Your printer supports HP ePrint.

• Printers with a control panel menu: Look for an HP ePrint icon  or a Web Services icon  on the printer or control panel display.

Or, navigate to the Web Services SetupNetwork Setup, or Wireless Settings to confirm it has a Web Services menu.

• Your printer, computer, and mobile device are connected to a network with an active internet connection. If you connect your printer with a USB cable, HP ePrint does not work.

Click here: https://www.hpsmart.com/us/en/cms/HPC/ePrint to know more about How do I ePrint.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.